Stage Three Recommendations
(1) Continue with the hamstring strengthening programme increasing exercise intensity as you become stronger.
(2) Introduce eccentric strengthening exercises which encourage co-activation of the glute and hamstring muscles (eccentric exercises are those which work the muscle when it is in a lengthened state).
(3) Gentle hamstring stretches can be gradually introduced but intense hamstring stretches, such as seated forward fold (Paschimottanasana) should be avoided for about a year post injury.
(4) If you experience moderate to severe pain, or pain that persists despite a period of rest then you need to seek treatment from your GP or physio before continuing with stage three.
Stage Three Hamstring and Glute Strengthening Programme
Related Articles by Absolute Yoga (Liverpool)
Want to try a class at Absolute Yoga (Liverpool)? The first class is free for new students and then choose from…
Information for New Students at Absolute Yoga, Crosby (Liverpool)
- Please see here for a list of classes which we recommend for your first time on the mat with us
- You may also wish to read our FAQ on yoga and Pilates
Your first class is free and then you can choose from one of the new member introductory offers: £30 for 30 days or £40 for 40 days
See here to book a class
- For class descriptions, see here
Follow us on…
|How to Book a Class at Absolute Yoga, Crosby (Liverpool)|
|Call: 0151 928 1029|
|Book a class online here|